I know there are a lot of moving parts right now with walk throughs and school startup planning, but I wanted to quickly highlight just a few timely items:
1. Donors Choose donations are matched TODAY Aug 11
2. Anti-Racism Conference this week
3. District COVID 2020-21 webpage
Donors Choose Match Today
- Take home Math supplies at Holbrook: https://t.co/fBDLRuyA1s
- Headphones for students at Meadow Homes: https://t.co/o2cdF88Vjo
Books for Global Perspectives at Mt Diablo High: https://t.co/glm0T8FoBy
ALL Learners Should Connect With Literature at Valle Verde Elementary by Ms. Nakashima
- Tackle Systemic Racism through Comedy at Ygnacio Valley High School: https://t.co/ZtN0so04gv
Ethnic Studies Book Club, Ygnacio Valley High School - yes we have an ethnic studies class in MDUSD! Help Teacher Shaw add more book options to his class: https://t.co/ea4Fhjcs5Y
Anti Racism Conference This Week
Looking for how you can work actively to remove racism from our schools?
Check out this group Educators for Anti-Racism, their conference workshops this week with some notable speakers, and their resource lists.
They are "a grassroots movement of teachers committed to abolitionist and anti-racist principles. We are determined, through our collective power, to bring systemic change to our schools." https://www.edantiracism.com/
I'm planning to attend the District Leaders workshop on Wednesday at 2pm (5pm eastern). See the full list here and note they will be recorded for future viewing as well.
District COVID 2020-21 webpage
Got Questions? The district has some more answers. Check out this new webpage for:
- Approved MOU with our Teachers Union MDEA
- Technology access
- Meals information
- Childcare resources
- Parent Academy and more
Together we can do this. We can build relationships, reach out to all students, and support each other in navigating the world of education during a pandemic.