Did you see that MDUSD is looking at approximately $22 million in necessary budget cuts?
Here are details and actions you can take:
1. Community Input on Budget - attend final meetings TONIGHT
2. Fund Ed Now - call the Governor
3. African American Awareness Month - share your actions & photos
4. Superintendent letters & Next School Board meeting
Community Input for Budget Decisions
Attend meetings TONIGHT!
Thursday, February 20th - 5:30 pm Riverview Middle School Multi Use Room
Thursday, February 20th - 7 pm Pleasant Hill Middle School Multi Use Room
Visit https://mdusd.org/budgetsolutions for details, presentations, surveys and more.
Can't attend in person? You can still give your ideas online in English or Spanish at bit.ly/mdusdfeedback
Fund Education Now
Fund Education Now Week is over, but our advocacy has just begun. This week, take 5 minutes to call the governor & our local state legislators.
- --> Call to say that MDUSD is right now needing to make $22 million in cuts due to years of state under-funding of public schools. A Stanford 2018 study showed that to simply fund a basic level of adequacy for CA public schools, there should have been an additional $25 billion of state investment. For MDUSD that would be an additional $150 million! If the state even invested one quarter of that, we could keep and grow opportunity for our students. Urge the state for #FullandFairFunding of public schools.
- Governor Newsom (916)445-2841
- Asm Tim Grayson (916)319-2014
- Asm Rebecca Bauer-Kahan (916)319-2016
- Sen Steve Glazer (916)651-4007
- Bill Dodd (916)651-4003
- Follow @CCCFundEd and @MtDiabloUSD on Twitter
- Visit www.cocoschools.org/cccfunded
- --> Share your story on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram about what significant cuts could mean for your classroom or school, and copy/paste these tags: @GavinNewsom @BauerKahan @AsmGrayson @Steve_Glazer @BillDoddCA @CCCFundEd #FundCAed
African American Awareness Month
The school board passed a resolution on January 27th in recognition of February as African American Awareness month. This includes encouraging all schools to "commemorate the occasion with appropriate instructional materials. My next blog will feature a compilation of student, parent, teacher and staff actions in Mt Diablo schools for African American Awareness month.
Do you have a photo or story to share? Please send it to me and I'll include it!
Superintendent’s Friday Letter
Read Superintendent Dr Martinez’s February 14th letter here, including celebration of Silverwood Elementary's Distinguished School Award, and the following Mt Diablo winners from Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) Region 6:
- Classified Leader - Dominic Machi
- Adult Education Administrator - Cynthia Paige Endo
- Special Education Administrator - Jenny Vargas
These are always posted at mdusd.org and on Facebook & Twitter. To receive them as emails, write to [email protected] to request to be added to the Superintendent’s email list.
Next School Board meeting February 24th
Budget discussion will continue, including data & results from surveys & meetings. Visit https://mdusd.org/agendasminutes to see the agenda when it is posted, and all meeting agendas & videos.
Thank you to all who are participating!
p.s. OGMS 8th grade students organized a successful Community Immigration Fair this month!
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with