Dear Parents, Caregivers, & Community,
Happy St Patrick's Day!
I've updated my COVID19 resource list below with more distance learning, given that our MDUSD schools are now closed until at least April 12th.
Please share this information about free meal services starting tomorrow, Wednesday March 18th, at 8 schools sites as well!
Resources I've compiled beyond the official CDC, CDE, CCHS sites:
Free tech resources:
- Education companies offering Free subscriptions
- List of Companies providing Free Internet & Unlimited Data
- Free ZOOM videoconferencing for school & student email addresses
- MDUSD Student Portal
Khan Academy - free lessons & quizzes by grade level & subject. Computer programming & reading too!
- Espanol - Para cada alumno, cada salón de clases. Resultados reales.
- A comic-edition piece& radio from NPR that focuses on the COVID-19 topic
- Shared by OGMS counselors:
- **MDUSD Parent Portal is now LIVE with Remote Learning resources!
- **MDUSD Teacher resources are now LIVE via the staff portal with Remote Learning resources!
- Google Classroom - tutorial for Teachers, guide for Parents
- article on How to Use Khan Academy for remote learning during school closure, including guide for parents or teachers
- ¿Cómo puedo utilizar Khan Academy para el aprendizaje a distancia durante el cierre de escuelas?
- Seattle parent list of online & offline resources/ideas
- Virtual Field Trips around the world
- Student High School Journal COVID assignment by YV High teacher Brian Shaw, Tarea de Diario Estudiantil durante Covid19
- UC Berkeley Professional Development for Teachers - Resource List
- Tech Blog by Karly Moura, MDUSD - google classroom & eLearning Choice Boards
How To Talk Guides:
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus: Keeping your own anxiety in check is key
- New York Times Article on talking with teens about the virus
- COVID19 Facts Infographic, COVID19 Espanol
- Printable posters in Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, & more
- Mindfulness to help families manage anxiety around coronavirus
Anti-Racism & Coronavirus:
- COVID19 Anti-Stigma Toolkit for social media
- Teaching Tolerance Guide to speaking about racism & coronavirus
Family Emergency Preparedness:
- Develop a Family Disaster Plan - California Department of Public Health
- Desarrollar un Plan Familiar - click "Select Language" at top for translation to 100 languages
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in with