Welcome to our website to Re-elect
Cherise Khaund to Mt Diablo School Board!
- About Me
East Bay Times Editorial - "During trying pandemic times, they have made tough decisions to protect teacher health and district finances"
- View the October 4th CAC candidate forum video here: vimeo.com/757027721
- Read more about the CAC (Community Advisory Committee) who led that forum on their website here.
Endorsements - see the wide range of your neighbors & organizations who support me. I'm proud to have worked collaboratively with elected officials at city, county and state levels to ensure quality schools.
a short video where I discuss my first term accomplishments and goals for the next term
And here's a bit about what led me down the path to run for elected office:
As a parent & community activist, I experienced firsthand how working together produces REAL results to improve our schools and communities.
- I led and managed a reading program for struggling students in 10 MDUSD schools that showed significant, measurable results for 300 students per year.
- Serving as PFC President, I launched innovative technology that streamlined communication and increased parent involvement.
- Working with a coalition of students, parents, and employees, we sent drafts and spoke up at two school district board meetings, resulting in the MDUSD School Board passing a Safe Haven Resolution.
- I initiated Safe Routes to School by writing a change.org petition to gain community awareness and to advocate for pedestrian safety. Construction is now complete on two new flashing pedestrian beacons, 3 new crosswalks, a new bike lane, digital speed signs, and sidewalk bulbouts that show down cars and create safer and shorter crossings for pedestrians.