Ask Your Legislators to Increase State Education Funding
Do you know that the majority of our education funding comes from the state? and that we are in the bottom 10 of all 50 states in per student spending? This level of investment means we also rank in the bottom 10 in class size (teachers per student), librarians per student, counselors per student and more. (see www.fullandfairfunding.org)
Newly elected local Assemblymember Bauer Kahan has just become a co-author for AB39, which would significantly increase the base state funding for all TK-12 schools. Let's get the rest of our state legislators to join her!
- TONIGHT - Monday March 11, 6:30pm-7:30pm - You can attend the Town Hall at Holbrook Elementary School, 3333 Ronald Way, Concord, with State Senator Glazer and Assemblymember Grayson. Call Grayson's District Office at (925) 521-1511 to RSVP. Please ask them both to sign on in support of AB39.
- Tuesday March 12 - I'll be meeting with each of our legislators in Sacramento, along with school board members from throughout our region, for CSBA lobby day (CA State School Boards Association)
Next School Board Meeting: TONIGHT - Monday March 11th, 7pm
Watch online, listen here, or attend in person. Key topics: budget, summer school, facilities.
- For MDUSD Budget links and timeline visit https://mdusd.org/fiscalhome
- See also Fast Facts
Facilities Master Plan
- Draft large site maps are now at each school site office! --> Give your feedback to your principal before March 18th
- Track progress at http://lpamasterplans.com/mt-diablo-usd-fmp/
Spotlight on events
Support our Mt Diablo students at:
- Districtwide STEM Showcase - Swing by to see students present top projects from each elementary school, play with robots with our robotics teams, and more! This Saturday March 16th, 9-11am at Willow Creek Center, 1026 Mohr Lane, Concord.
- County Spelling Bee - winners from our school sites each compete next Saturday March 23rd at the county level spelling bee. Tice Valley Gym, Walnut Creek. Stop by to cheer them on!
Be the first to comment
Sign in with