May is the time to thank and recognize all our MDUSD teachers and staff for their hard work. A special congratulations to all the nominees and winners of the MDEA Academy Awards on May 6th! The evening included a touching recognition of the Lifetime Achievement of Jesse Forsland from Olympic High, and recognized excellent talent from Classified Employee Connie Krawesky at Ayers Elementary, to student Seena Fahardi’s startup volunteer organization LEAP MDUSD that matched students tutors with homeless & foster youth who needed extra academic help. Plus they gave the first ever Social Justice Award to Patricia Hamachi at ShoreAcres Elementary. See all nominees & winners below.
Don’t forget Classified Employees Week is just around the corner on May 16th-22nd!
Read on for:
- School Board meeting May 12th - in person
Superintendent’s Friday letter
- Ask the CBO - call to action
- Nominate a student leader
- Congratulations MDEA Academy Awards Winners
School Board Meeting May 12th - in person
This week’s board meeting will be fully in person, and held next door to district headquarters at Monte Gardens Elementary school to provide plenty of space (3841 Larkspur Dr, Concord, CA 94519). The public may participate in person, following all COVID safety protocols including distancing and required masks. The open meeting will begin at 6pm. Members of the public may submit a card to comment, as has always been the case at our in-person board meetings.
Alternatively, there are still distanced options: the public may view the livestream video and/or may submit a public comment via email to [email protected] . Staff is also working to add in a phone-in option for public comment as well.
Find the agenda and viewing/participation information here: https://mdusd.org/boardmeetings
Key items on this agenda include:
- California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE) report
- Healthcare Careers Pathway (Certified CNA Workforce Development) Program
- Fall 2021 update
- One Time Stipend for Current Employees
- Public Hearing and Adoption of the Mt. Diablo Unified School District Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA)
Superintendent's Friday letter
Click here to read Dr Clark’s May 7th letter, full of information including:
- Congratulations Walnut Acres Odyssey of the Mind Team on winning state finals and heading to virtual world finals!
- Register for tonight’s Teens & Tweens Mental Health webinar at https://mdusd.org/mental-health
- Ask the CBO - a call to action to halt unemployment insurance increases
Nominate a Student Leader
Ed100 is hosting a summer Academy for Student Leaders - and it’s free!
Can you share this out to and/or nominate students from Mt Diablo High, Ygnacio Valley High, Olympic and Horizons? Their chart shows that there are students registered so far from College Park, Northgate, and Concord High. Let’s get reps from every school!
Congratulations to MDEA Academy Award Winners
This celebration was a showcase of all of the fabulous work that dedicated community members are doing all over our district. Congratulations to all! Please see the list of nominees and finalists: 2021 MDEA Academy Award Nominees
And the winners are…
- Lifetime Achievement - Jesse Forsland
- Community Involvement - Angela Bever
- Creative Curriculum - Al Douex
- Leadership & Courage - Hilary Garcia
- Most Inspirational - Alexandra Kirberg
- Outstanding Administrator - Marga Marshall
- Outstanding Classified Employee - Connie Krawesky
- Outstanding Parent Volunteer - Kathryn Durham-Hammer
- Outstanding Volunteer Organization - Learning Enrichment and Assistance Program (LEAP MDUSD, founded by student Seena Farhadi) - https://leapmdusd.org/
- Outstanding Collaborating Team - Mt. Diablo High School Counseling Department
- Outstanding Collaborating Team - Mt. Diablo High School Math Department
- Social Justice - Patricia Hamachi
They also recognized this year's MDUSD Teachers of the Year: Libby McDonagh and Chelsea Ridenour.
You can view a recording of the event here.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with