Your voice is needed! Can you take a minute for two important actions - on superintendent qualities and on education funding?
The Mt Diablo School Board is promoting community involvement in both of these important items: Superintendent Qualities & Education Funding Letters to Legislators
Our consultants from Leadership Associates are seeking input about the desired personal and professional qualities anticipated in the incoming superintendent.
Please take a minute to fill in this online survey which the Board encourages everyone to complete. The survey will be open through May 10, 2019, and is on the District’s website here, or by going to this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P5TR6JV
Your comments will be used in the development of the candidate profile, recruitment process, and reference checking.
Times have also been scheduled for parents/guardians to meet in person with Leadership Associates. The consultants will compile a summary of all comments received during these sessions and share the report with the Board and with the new superintendent.
During the meetings, consultants will share an overview of the process, and then ask two primary questions:
- What are the desirable qualities, characteristics, background and professional and personal experiences for the next superintendent?
- What do you see as the strengths of the district and the major challenges facing the district in years ahead?
Several meeting options have been scheduled; we invite you to attend one which best fits your schedule. The meetings will be held:
- 10:15 a.m., Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - Board Room, District Office, 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, 94519
- 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - Mt. Diablo High School – Library, 2450 Grant Street, Concord, 94520
- 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - Northgate High School – Library, 425 Castle Rock Road, Walnut Creek, 94598
- 7:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - Concord High School – Library, 4200 Concord Blvd., Concord, 94521
- 7:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - Ygnacio Valley High School – Library, 755 Oak Grove Road, Concord, 94518
- 8:30 a.m., Thursday, May 9, 2019 - Riverview Middle School – Multi Use Room, 205 Pacifica Avenue, Bay Point, 94565
- 10:15 a.m., Thursday, May 9, 2019 - Board Room, District Office, 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, 94519
- 6:00 p.m., Thursday, May 9, 2019 - College Park High School – Library, 201 Viking Drive, Pleasant Hill, 94523
Education Funding - Write to Your Legislator
The Mt Diablo School Board team finalized a letter at our last meeting, to inform the community about the statewide education funding crisis and how YOU can take action. That letter was emailed out to parents on May 3rd, and includes:
- the www.fullandfairfunding.org site, on which you can sign a petition to legislators and also sign up for Rally Day in Sacramento, which is May 22nd and includes school board members, teachers, staff, parents, and community in a joint event to raise awareness for the "silent recession" hitting our schools.
- links to email your state legislators to say - it is time to move CA to the top in our nation's per pupil funding (we are now ranked in the bottom 10 states). Mt Diablo schools and others around the state are facing painful cuts, even while our state is the 5th largest economy in the world. (include a specific example from your school too if you can) - Here are clickable links:
- Senator Glazer (Dist 7- parts of Concord and Walnut Creek): https://sd07.senate.ca.gov/contact/email
- Senator Dodd (Dist 3 - Martinez & Pleasant Hill): https://sd03.senate.ca.gov/contact
- Assemblymember Grayson (Dist 14 - Martinez, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Clayton, parts of Walnut Creek): https://lcmspubcontact.lc.ca.gov/PublicLCMS/ContactPopup.php?district=AD14
- Assemblymember Bauer-Kahan (Dist 16 - parts of Walnut Creek): https://lcmspubcontact.lc.ca.gov/PublicLCMS/ContactPopup.php?district=AD16
- And here are a few more:
- Find Your State Legislator: http://www.legislature.ca.gov/legislators_and_districts/legislators/your_legislator.html
- State Superintendent Tony Thurmond: [email protected]
- Governor Newsom can be emailed through a web form at: https://govapps.gov.ca.gov/gov40mail/
Next MDUSD School Board Meeting - Monday May 13th
See all meeting agendas and schedule here: https://mdusd.org/agendasminutes
Be the first to comment
Sign in with